A recent survey from the National Association of Realtors® revealed that 77 percent of buyers’ agents said staging a home makes it easier for potential buyers to visualize it as their own.
Snoop Out Our Top Staging Tips
A recent survey from the National Association of Realtors® revealed that 77 percent of buyers’ agents said staging a home makes it easier for potential buyers to visualize it as their own. That’s why here at The DeFrees Group, we believe staging is not to be overlooked! Here are our top tips.
- Dress up your yard. First impressions count, and the first one your home gives comes from the exterior. Mow the lawn, clean up shrubbery, rake any leaves, clean the walkway and driveway, plant in-season flowers, and pull up any unsightly weeds.
- Reduce personal items. Make it easier for buyers to imagine themselves making your house their home by removing personal photos and knick-knacks from shelves, walls, and counters. Instead replace them with clean, simple décor, such as abstract paintings, nature images, vases, plants, and more.
- Organize your storage areas. Storage is a huge selling point. Tidy up and clear out the accessible closets and cupboards in the home and make sure to point them out during an open house or showing. Clean everything-including doors, door frames, baseboards, windows, & blinds.
- Appeal to the senses. Consider ways you can appeal to potential homebuyers’ other senses. During a viewing or open house, bake some fresh cookies or burn delicious smelling candles. Play light, relaxing music in the background. We love our pets, but buyers do not want to smell them.
- Consider turning to an expert. With their knowledge of current trends and a great eye for design, professionally certified stagers can transform a home in a variety of ways and have a keen sense of what homebuyers want and expect in a home. Investing in hiring a pro may pay off in dividends.*Photo cred: Picture 1) Shiner the bloodhound by Pam DeFrees eXp Realty. 2) Professional picture by CurbViews on one of our listings.
The DeFrees Group has over twelve years’ experience in the real estate industry, to include lending experience. Growing up and graduating from college in San Antonio, we have seen this vibrant city ....